Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company on a full time, permanent basis whose ethos is providing exemplary service to customers and looking after its employees by offering attractive salaries and an outstanding working environment.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for the smooth running of the operation and ensure customer demands are met in an effective, efficient and timely manner. You will be expected to lift a large quantity of stock by hand and use of Manual Handling Equipment, walk or stand for most of the shift and wear the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE). A high level of integrity and an ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work is essential to be considered for this role, along with a good level of confident and good communication and numeracy skills. A flexible approach and the ability to multi-task are also a must.
Own transport is needed due to location of the business!
· Booking goods inwards
· Updating warehouse management system
· Operating fork lift truck
· Unloading and loading vehicles
· Compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards
· Pick and pack goods to a high level of accuracy whilst maintaining our high standards
· Perform accurate goods in checks and put away
· Despatching finished goods
· Labelling packaging, products, unpacking and also repacking goods, without damage.
· In addition, floor staff must maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse floor, racking areas.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment by performing general housekeeping where necessary
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBLITIES
· Fork Lift Truck license highly desirable (counterbalance)
· Must have previous warehouse experience at operative level
· Good time keeping, Organisation and capable of high intensity teamwork.
· Accurately counting and a clear capability of checking different dates and lines on incoming and outgoing products.
· Ability to follow clear instruction
· A good level of physical fitness
· Motivated and hard-working,
· Able to work in a warehouse environment either on your own, or as part of a larger team.
WORKING HOURS, PAY
08:00 until 16:00 or 09:00 until 17:00, Monday to Friday
£24,000 per annum (overtime at enhanced rates occasionally on offer)