Lead Cyber Security Specialist - Edinburgh | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Cyber Security Specialist
Permanent (Full time)
Truststream is one of the UK’s fastest growing Cyber Security service providers based in Edinburgh. We offer a full range of complementary security solutions, ranging from consulting, auditing and implementation, to premium support and fully managed services. We are passionate about technology innovation and transforming the way organisations stay secure.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic, security focused Lead Cyber Security Specialist to lead on implementation and deployment and support the analysts and engineers across our solutions portfolio.
As a Lead Cyber Security Specialist you will have a passion for cyber security and a deep technical understanding of the threats posed to an organisation, including vulnerabilities and an in-depth understanding of corporate environments and infrastructure.
No two days are the same: this role blends across analyst, engineering and consultancy and requires both a reactive and proactive approach, as well as the ability to prioritise your workload to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our valued clients.
As first point of contact to the Security Analysts, your deep technical expertise will allow you to assist with deployment and operational issues around the 5 core services we provide to our customers and provide technical guidance to the team in shaping and delivering Cyber Security for our clients.
You will lead on new security deployments, as well as being responsible for managing the existing tools and capabilities, working closely with our clients’ operational teams to manage upgrades, on-going maintenance and integration with other tools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation in a role where you will work closely with experienced senior Cyber Security consultants, enterprise customers and also support the sales function within the business in a pre-sales engineering capacity.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- SME across infrastructure and network security technologies, >5 years working within the Cyber industry
- Experience of security technologies such as firewalls, secure web gateways, vulnerability scanning, SIEM etc.
- Virtualisation technology and Cloud Architectures
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers at the required level
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver operational solutions from broad objectives, with proven experience in leading engineering projects
- Solution focused
- Ability to own and remediate complex technical issues working with vendors where required
- Strong communication and presentation skills, translating technical content to a wide range of stakeholders, . to explain the benefit of technology deployment
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Self-starter and able to work in a communicative manner with customers and colleagues
- Technical leadership
- An appreciation of security testing methodologies and process
- Product experience in Zscaler and CyberArk
- SOC experience
- Experience with security certifications - ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, NIST etc
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including Company Pension and bonuses related to company and team performance
- 28 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities based on industry recognised accreditations and qualifications
- The position will initially be 100% fully remote but post Covid (expected July onwards) will offer a blend of remote and office based work. 100% remote working will be considered
- We strongly encourage autonomy and entrepreneurship enabling our employees to influence the strategy and direction of the business
This is an exciting time to join us. As digital transformation continues at pace, Truststream is at the forefront, working with an exciting portfolio of cross-sector clients, delivering best-in-class security solutions.
If you are interested in joining our passionate and customer focused team of cyber security professionals, please apply with a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how your skills and experience fit our requirements and what added value you could bring to our business.
At Truststream, we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.