Press Toolmaker (Domestic) - DY1 2AJ | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Press Toolmaker (Domestic)
DY1 2AJ, Dudley
£28000 - £35000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced Domestic Press Toolmaker with a minimum 10 years’ experience around multi stage progression tools?
Want to join a growing team at one of the West Midlands' most impressive employers?
Previous experience of progression tool making required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Servicing press tools and fault finding
• Tool commissioning problem solving
• Modifying of tools
• Responsible for aiding in the development of new work, trialling, debugging and modifying new tooling as well as setting and completing try outs in the presses.
• Maintain and strip, inspect, repair and rebuild tools for existing customers.
• Liaise with setters to ensure tooling is repaired and back in service in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be responsible for routine maintenance for all press tooling (20 – 300 ton power press tools, both progression & second operations)
• Be responsible for jig & gauge making.
• Be involved in productivity improvement initiatives.
• Work towards achieving set quality objectives with the goal of continuously improving customer satisfaction
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Identify and promote technological awareness and innovation
• Experience required:
• Served in domestic or contract shops for a minimum of 10 years.
• Experienced in all formats of machining (milling, turning, drilling & surface grinding)
• Experience in CNC machining would be desirable.
• Experience of 5S
• High attention to detail
• Bench hand experience
• Experienced in setting multiple press types
• Be reliable, confident & self-motivated
• Possess an engineering qualification or apprenticeship
• Able to work shifts on occasion when the orders are busy
The company has a very good work environment and offers more than the statutory annual leave entitlement as well as other benefits.
Salary negotiable based on experience and will be determined during the interview process.
If you wish to apply for this position, please attach your CV to this application and follow up with a call to Ben on (phone number removed) to discuss this role in more detail.
Immediate interviews for suitable applicants.
Inside Right is an acting as employment agency on behalf of a client partner.
Servicing press tools and fault finding
Tool commissioning problem solving
Tool repairs and servicing
Modifying of tools
Using tool room machines and equipment
Engineering qualification or time-served toolmaker