Up to £35 per hour
If your passion is in social care dont miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work within this outstanding authority. Gloucestershire County Council are looking for experienced social workers to hold a caseload of children in providing an effective, evidence based intervention with consideration of timeliness and impact. Candidates will work in one of our front line teams, either safeguarding (CIN, CP, CIC) assessment (s47) or permanence (CiC, Care Leavers).
This full time position offers an attractive hourly rate of up to £35 an hour (Umbrella)
* Manage a caseload with a high level of complexity and risk including those children subject to care proceedings and child protection plans.
* Act in a consultative role to less experienced social workers to ensure reflective practice in all single or multiagency assessments, including the development of outcome focused plans. This will include supporting less experienced staff with court proceedings, chairing core group and multi agency meetings, and facilitating family group meetings.
* Responsible for modelling a high standard of practice in relation to own casework, including good quality case recording and report writing.
* Provide mentoring and specialist consultation or advice to colleagues and other professionals.
* To undertake direct work with children, young people and families in order to manage risk and achieve the sustained and positive outcomes identified in assessments and plans.
* Attend relevant meetings which require high level professional input.
* Maintain and facilitate professional working relationships with all stake holders to ensure the effective delivery of services.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Substantial relevant post qualifying experience of working effectively within a statutory childrens services fieldwork team and with children/young people and their families who are assessed as having very complex needs.
* Experience and understanding of effective multi agency working to achieve positive outcomes for children/young people and their families.
* Ability to apply a critical and ethical understanding of legislation, including reference to case law, and statutory frameworks within which social work is practiced.
* To understand and work effectively and sensitively with difficult to engage users.
* Experience of mentoring and/or supervising work of others including the ability to use knowledge and skills to inform, advise and inspire, through mentoring, teaching, assessing and supervising, social work students, other less experienced colleagues or other professionals.
* MA/MSc/BA/BSc in Social Work or relevant HCPC approved qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS
* HCPC registered.
Benefits of Randstad:
* An unlimited referral incentive, £300 voucher for anyone you refer to us
* Full range of training available
* Support & training in line with HCPC
* A committed & dedicated consultant
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss other opportunities available within social care please contact Ethan Proud on#########
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Posted 21 days ago