East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: North West London NW10
Established in 2012, Pots & Co’s founder began making exceptional potted puds from exceptional ingredients - bringing proper puddings to the people, at home. Their puds are all handmade, supporting farmers and their communities to make sure the cocoa is grown ethically and fairly.
Their goal is to make chocolate a tool for positive social change by improving infrastructure, providing a proper education and supporting local culture. They work with them because their goal isn’t only to make exceptional puds - it’s also to make the world a little bit better.
Pots & Co are looking for a high calibre Quality Manager to join the team on site.
Summary of the Position
Quality Management System
Pro-active development, implementation, and control of all aspects of the company Quality Management Systems ensuring all systems are running efficiently and effectively and kept up to date.
- Responsible for supporting on-the-job training for production staff ensuring all food handling employees understand and comply with food safety and hygiene standards, procedures, and policies.
- Identify failing standards and rectifying the underlying issues.
- Ensure training systems and processes are kept up to date and effective.
Validation and Verification
- To ensure the internal and external shelf life testing schedule is maintained and developed as required.
- Ensure all other programmes are maintained including those covering, allergen control, environmental control, and associated trend analysis.
- To assist the department in conducting internal GMP audits.
- Support the rest of the technical team in managing third party audits.
- Playing an active role in the development, coordination, and maintenance of current and future site accreditation.
- To support the NPD department in ensuring the appropriate accreditation of the suppliers, development of specifications and the safe implementation of any new processes.
- Responsible for the onsite investigation of complaints and reporting the findings back to the Technical Manager.
- To help identify non-conformances, investigate to find the root cause and take appropriate steps to avoid them happening again.
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 3 HACCP
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management position within the Technical/Quality department of a food manufacturing company.
- A confident ability to train others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word and outlook)
- Competent in basic Health and Safety
- Food Safety and Quality is a must and must be adhered at all time
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Integrity and reliability
- A can-do attitude to their work, coupled with attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- A positive desire for self-development and learning
- A strong appetite to integrate and achieve within a small but highly motivated team
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join a dynamic FMCG business in this exciting and varied role.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 14852/19rd
Not right for you? We would still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited**and no fees will be payable.**
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.