Consultant - Leeds - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Consultant, Strategic Programme Manager - Global Investment and Innovation Services (Gi3)
Leeds - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
The Gi3 Strategic Programme Manager will play a key role in supporting the Gi3 group to build out a £25m business over the next 3-4 years, working with leadership in Gi3 to drive the development of the team and its propositions across the firm.
In most countries and industry sectors an elaborate system of financial incentives is available to fuel R&D, innovation, and other business investments. These incentives are available for both domestic investments and growth opportunities abroad. This multitude of opportunities becomes more complex as each country, local and regional governments have the authority to design and fund incentives of their own. Gi3 helps businesses identify, understand, and prioritise the right incentives for their organisation. The Deloitte Global Investment and Innovation Incentives (Gi3) practitioners work with clients to pursue and execute the right incentives strategy.
Gi3 is part of the larger Tax and Legal practice, which has a highly ambitious growth and transformation agenda, underpinned by a number of priority strategic projects and initiatives.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh their knowledge and skills and help them transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
This is an in-house role advising Deloitte’s Gi3 leadership. You will work directly with the leadership and partners within Gi3 and take responsibility for delivering the market and operational priorities. There will be many learning opportunities and you will see the longer-term impact of your work on the shape and success of this offering and the wider business.
As the Strategic Programme Manager you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, whilst also leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to help execute the group’s key strategic priorities. You will be expected to lead the planning, development and execution of the strategy, working closely with the senior stakeholders in the business to ensure activity is coordinated and integrated. The role reports into the Gi3 leadership team.
- Lead, monitor and report on strategic priorities - programme milestones, progress, risks, issues and benefit realisation (escalating and recommending corrective actions where necessary);
- Support the development and socialisation of the sales and pipeline tracking and management process;
- Manage the communication strategy with the team to ensure they have clear objectives and expectations from strategic priorities;
- Oversee the operational priorities that the team has set and hold the team accountable for delivery against those priorities;
- Ad hoc project work on initiatives to support the Gi3 Leadership, which may include market campaigns;
- Gi3 performance reporting and analysis to provide our Business Tax leadership with the information they need to make strategic decisions about the health and growth of our business. Ensure there is appropriate co-ordination and alignment with Business Tax leadership;
- Oversee and direct all Gi3 Partner meetings and communications, including logistics, agenda and content. Manage the agenda and follow up actions from the Partner and Director meetings;
- Support the development and buildout of the talent strategy, including career pathways, learning, training and development - including general organisation and coordination of the talent team and our pillars (. across recruitment, tech training, development, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion and performance management);
- Carry out frequent surveys to allow leadership to better understand the needs of the team and gathering upward feedback.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We encourage consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss it with us.
You will be based in a Deloitte Leeds office, however, occasional travel may be required to regional offices, particularly London.
This is a full-time role, with a degree of flexibility, initially for 12 months. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
• Comfortable with creating structure to meet objectives in a sometimes ambiguous environment, with limited information, and to do so with the right strategic context. The ability to multi-task and deliver on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-visibility setting. A high-degree of endurance, responsiveness, resilience and flexibility is required to work through multiple iterations of deliverables and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
• Technically strong project and time management skills are critical as well as the ability to work independently under pressure and on multiple projects while maintaining 'best-in-class’ deliverables. Capable on Microsoft Office, strong attention to detail.
• Strong team player and culturally sensitive, working well with others to get things done.
• Ability to quickly understand our business and what makes our people tick to enable the production of engaging, inspiring communications to support strategic business and operational goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid relationships and gain credibility with senior partners. Experience of influencing, negotiating with, and providing challenge to, senior stakeholders.