Management Accountant - Greenwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Greenwich, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
The Management Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Financial Controller and Finance Director in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Preparation and ownership of monthly management accounts
* Assisting the Financial Controller with preparation of monthly board pack
* Preparing the Sales and Finance sections of the pack
* Liaising with the various stakeholders in the business to collate the information needed for the pack
* Putting the pack together for the Financial Controller’s review before it is presented to the Finance Director
Responsibility for the management and overview of the sales systems.
* Ownership of sales from reservation to completion. Accounting, forecasting and evaluating.
* Preparation of weekly and monthly sales dashboards
* Liaison with site-based staff as well as office staff in all finance and commercial issues
* Report directly to MD and executive board through monthly analysis of sales performance.
* Ultimate responsibility for sales analysis and sales reporting aiding decision making across the division.
Lead role in forecast management
* Maintaining budgets on the “live” profit forecast system
* Updating sales reservations and system information
* Full understanding and evaluation of time frames, production dates and targets and ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
Cost Control Analysis and review
* Production of cost control data for site surveyors
* Liaison with other departments over cost analysis and explanation
* Management of ledgers to enhance cost control and reporting process.
Perform other related duties as required
* Adhoc work for the Financial Controller
* Reviewing assistant accountants work (Bank reconciliations & Taxation)
* Tax exposure: VAT, CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) & DRC (Domestic Reverse Charge)
* Subcontractor appraisal work and valuations and Invoice Authorisation procedures
* Organised with strong time-management/planning skills
* Good communicator; able to share ideas and knowledge, both verbally and written, in a clear and concise manner
* High level of computer literacy, word and excel (pivot tables).
* Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
* Business-like and professional
* Flexible, helpful, enthusiastic
* Analytical, accurate and pride in own work and also that of the team
* Target driven, self-motivated and able to work with others, a team player
* Confident and articulate, clear communicator
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until Monday to Friday