Finance Assistant - Loughborough | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Our well known and well-established client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join the friendly team at their head office in Loughborough. The primary aim of the Finance Assistant is to assist with production of timely and accurate financial data in support of the business’s objectives and take responsibility for the administration of the cashiering function. We are looking to attract Finance Assistants who are studying towards a recognised accounting qualification. You must have experience in a similar role, be IT literate with exemplary excel skills and possess the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy. If you can communicate effectively at all levels and have the ability to prioritise your work-load we are interested in hearing from you. This is a genuine opportunity for an aspiring Finance Professional to join a first class organisation where training will be invested in you.
Key responsibilities – Finance Assistant:
* Assist senior finance assistant and provide cover in preparation and posting of standard monthly journals.
* Assist with maintenance of the asset register
* Assist and provide cover for uploading of results to group reporting
* Assist in completing all national statistics requests
* Generate daily / regular reports and perform weekly bank reconciliations
* Administration of foreign currency requirements
* Update the ERP system for cash transactions
* Assist in maintaining petty cash and monitor and control cash floats
* Enter payments to online banking.
* Ensure all employee deductions are paid over in the month, AoE, pensions, PAYE / NI
* Administer purchase ledger payments
* Prepare weekly supplier BACS payment for review by FC
* Assist with the checking and coding of invoices
* Raise intercompany invoices as required
* Assist in the preparation of the materials analysis spreadsheet.
* Assist costing and pricing analyst with monitoring Civils set up, reviewing, actioning requests and maintaining structures and routes
* Assist in administration of company cars, . for P11D purposes, fuel card account management, penalty notices, mileage balances for repayment, booking & collection of company pool cars
* Check and enter expenses onto the ERP system ensuring guidelines regarding expense claims are followed and that claims are supported with the relevant documentation