Brewer - Greenwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Brewer - Meantime
Greenwich, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Reporting into the Senior Brewer, our Meantime brewery are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Brewer to join the team in Greenwich. The Brewer will be critical in the efficient running of the brewery and a great position for someone wanting the opportunity to work within the super-premium beer industry.
To learn more about us, have a look at our website: (url removed)
Your key responsibilities as a Brewer will include;
Brewhouse operations including all aspects of wort production .-
Milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpooling, wort cooling, spent grain removal, water system management & CIP's of all Brewhouse equipment.
* Monitor & ensure Brewhouse/Cellar operations are within QA guidelines.
* Cellaring operations including:
* Monitoring of fermentation temperatures, gravities & cell counts.
* CIP of vessels - FV's, MV's, BBT's & Yeast Brinks.
* Beer filtering and transfer
* Dry Hopping
* Yeast Management, including - harvesting, pitching, cell counts and record keeping
* Cleaning and sanitation of hoses and fittings
* Health and safety maintenance and Following SOP (standard operating procedures) to the satisfaction of the Head Brewer & QA Manager.
* Ensure all production logs (brewsheet, filtration, etc.) are completed correctly.
* Ensure all production areas are well maintained and cleaned to the highest hygienic standards.
* Ensure that Production complies with the relevant food acts at all times.
* Representing the company at beer tastings, on brewery tours and in trade from time to time.
* Following SOP (standard operating procedures) to the satisfaction of the Head Brewer & QA Manager.
* Other duties as directed by the Senior Brewer or Head Brewer.
If you have the below experience, we'd love to hear from you!
* Experience of working as a Brewer, ideally in a brewery producing upwards of per annum.
* Experience of working in Food & Beverages manufacturing, with a background in Quality Assurance, or Packaging.
* Minimum IBD General Certificate (or equivalent) required or willingness to work on personal development.
* Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with managers and teams.
* A passion for Beer!
* Good use and understanding of IT systems, particularly Excel.
* Must have counterbalance Fork Lift Truck license or be willing to gain license upon starting.
* Due to the nature of process work, you will be required to work unsocial hours (early/late/night shifts) and weekends as needed!