Knowledge and Information Management - London | Zoek UK | d1da78
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Knowledge and Information Management Advisor
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Birmingham, Hastings, Leeds, London
About the job
Would you like to work across a range of areas within the Department for Transport providing knowledge and information management advice and best practice to stakeholders?
Are you a KIM professional looking for a new challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you.
This role is in the Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) team which is part of Information and Cyber Assurance in the Digital Service division. We are a friendly split site team with staff based in DfT’s Hastings and London offices. The KIM team are responsible for setting policy in the department on knowledge and information management; working with teams across DfT to provide advice and guidance and promote best practice ensuring that the department is compliant with the Public Records Act and other information rights legislation; delivering training and support to a network of Local Information Managers (LIMs) enabling them to effectively manage information in their teams; responsibility for our information management system based on a SharePoint platform and the legacy information in the department. We are part of the cross-government KIM profession.
includes but not limited to;
• Responsible for Local Information Managers (LIMs) in a director-general group supporting them to build good information management practices in their area
• Training and supporting LIMs in their role
• Attending team meetings and cascades to sell the benefits of good information management
• Working with the wider KIM team to continually improve the services offered to the wider department
• Building new and amending sites on SharePoint and migrating information ensuring that sensitive information is protected
• Keeping up to date on changes to SharePoint and the M365 suite and understanding the impact on KIM
• Developing and delivering training packages, drafting guidance and ensuring guidance is kept up to date
To be successful in this role you will have strong understanding of the importance of knowledge and information management and strive to develop and increase our capability in this across the department, sharing your experience to reach practical solutions to ensure information is created, organised and exploited effectively. You will also have a strong capability and interest in using digital systems and understand how they can facilitate effective information management.
You will be working as part of a team of four KIM advisors each with your own area of responsibility within the business. You will be a pragmatic self-starter, with KIM experience and excellent digital skills responsible for providing advice, guidance and training to the Local Information Managers (LIMs) and their teams, being alert to and addressing information management issues on your patch and building strong, professional relationships with them and the wider business within your area of responsibility. You will have an aptitude and interest in digital systems and understand how they can be customised and utilised to provide an appropriate information management platform. You will also have a good working knowledge of SharePoint and the M365 suite and use your skills to keep up to date with changes and understand how this will impact on KIM within the department.
How to Apply
When considering applying please look at how your experience relates to the role, and within your CV and Personal Statement please provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following:
• Outline your KIM experience
• Your experience of SharePoint and M365 suite
• Demonstrate when you've used digital tools to improve a process