Workshop Technician - Chippenham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chippenham, Wiltshire, England
18000.0000 - 25000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a growing organisation specialising in providing IT Managed Services and Consultancy to the UK Public Sector including local and central government agencies, blue light, healthcare and defence.
The main objective of the role is the assembly and wiring of control and communication panels, this will include both 19" rack and backplate style panels. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working from electrical drawings and schematics, building control panels and wiring looms, and checking electrical systems before shipping out to the customer. Panels are predominantly for our client's Critical Infrastructure clients and therefore quality must be paramount, with a keen attention to detail.
Whilst the role is primarily from the Chippenham based workshop, flexibility within the role is a requirement, with the opportunity to carry out modifications to panels on site as required, and to assist with final terminations and testing of equipment such as CCTV systems, communication equipment etc. within our core customer base.
Key responsibilities for this job:
- The assembly and wiring of Equipment control and communication panels with the ability to work from a set of electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Testing of completed assemblies and panels.
- Completion of basic equipment configuration, this would be under instruction or from provided script. This could potentially cover a large variety of equipment including network equipment and edge devices.
- Flexibility within the role is a requirement, with the opportunity to carry out modifications to panels on site as required, and to assist with final terminations and testing of equipment such as CCTV systems, communication equipment etc. within their core customer base.
- Administrative tasks, record keeping.
- Handling goods in and out, including packing/unpacking materials and completing appropriate paperwork in conjunction with Warehouse Manager.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Electrical background with previous panel experience in rack mounted systems and network equipment will be an advantage.
- Experience of site installation/commissioning work would also be advantageous.
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will message you via the Clear Sky Recruitment App or via SMS. It will be your responsibility to reply to our messages.
If you haven't yet downloaded our app, go into the Apple Store / Google Play Store and search Clear Sky Recruitment.