Regional Sales Manager - Ibstock | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Regional Sales Manager - Direct Distribution & Specification South
Ibstock, Leicestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Ibstock PLC the market-leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We are no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Direct Distribution & Specification team. This is a field based role covering the Southern Region.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the sales strategy, driving profitable revenue and management of the Area Sales Managers & Specification Consultants across the South of the UK. They will also be the senior lead with the key accounts that operate within the area. Although the expectation is for the role to be customer facing, there is a definite need to cultivate and push relationships internally and to drive and coordinate the individual strategy for each of their direct reports ensuring this links into the overall team objectives.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Full Accountability for overall Region, including strategic decision making and accountability on key commercial drivers
- Proactively looking for solutions to challenges using the internal support teams around them in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Full management of overall pricing & costs, whilst thinking entrepreneurially in order to grow future business. Full ownership of delivering volume and price growth targets within this profitable sector
- Providing inspirational leadership to the sales team consisting of Area Sales Managers and Specification Consultants, ensuring that all employees have clear goals, regular feedback, effective development plans and quality career discussions
- Creating a culture of high performance through effective leadership and management to enable engaged teams
- Championing continuous improvement and innovation, rewarding and recognising the contribution of others
- Establishing clear, challenging and achievable objectives
- Effective proactive leadership to deliver best in class experience to our distribution & specification customers, including areas of future improvement
- Formulating commercial solutions to customer issues or problems using initiative and knowledge of the area, customer and our business.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of an agreed area in addition to the team leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A commercial awareness and strong strategic development skills
- Experienced in operating at a senior level.
- Charismatic, have strong commercial acumen and demonstrable track record of coaching and mentoring high performing staff
- Proven experience of delivering results through managing a field based sales teams within a set territory
- Proven experience in the architectural specification sector
- Proven experience of managing Key Accounts at a senior level
- Effective use of Microsoft Excel, CRM and cognos information system
- Ability to contribute to the budgeting and planning process
- Ability to present sales information to the sector Sales Director on a periodic basis
- Creating and Implementing strategic sales plans that align with sector objectives
- Forging positive long-lasting relationships with key customers at senior & regional level to understand their business needs and objectives
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers to ensure a positive commercial outcome
- Approving and influencing project based pricing with their direct reports using the data and tools available to make effective decisions
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events such as conferences
- Meeting with direct reports formally on a monthly basis to assess and review performance against KPIs
- Organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a passion for the products and brand
- Proven ability to manage conflict and issues effectively and collaboratively to achieve a positive outcome for all parties
- Well rounded interpersonal & communication skills, able to prioritise
- Experience of delivering consistently against key sales and commercial targets, supporting the business to grow market share profitably
- Experience of working in an environment selling across various sectors
- Experience of selling multiple products
- Experienced in building strong, long-term relationships with customers in a commercially sustainable way
- Experienced in representing organisations at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and exhibition
- Experience managing and leading an external sales team
Please note: it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.