Therapeutic Residential Child Care Worker - (days)
Cannock, Staffordshire, England
£8.21 - £10:00
Horizon Care and Education Group
Therapeutic Residential Care Workers
35 hours per week
- Flexible contracts are available to work 35 hours per week (rota based) from £8.21 to £10:00 per hour dependent on qualifications with additional hours available at basic rate plus £5 per hour.
We are looking for caring, friendly and dedicated staff in our homes nearMarket Drayton
Why work for us?
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young peoples residential care in the UK. Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas. Here are just some of the benefits of working for us:
- Friendly, small passionate teams working in a pleasant, supportive working environment
- Rewarding work helping our young people aged 8-18 reach their potential
- Competitive salary including enhancements and additional hours
- Flexible working patterns
- Career advancement pathways for all roles to help you reach your personal best whether in our homes, schools or our Key2 transitional services
- Therapeutic training and support for all care staff
- Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce study and IOSSH qualifications
- Staff referral scheme with cash rewards
- Cashback healthcare plan
- Pension scheme
What do we do?
Our committed, enthusiastic teams in our family-sized homes offer a welcomingand homely environment for young people who have been adversely affected bycircumstance and are emotionally vulnerable and sometimes challenging. Our safe and nurturing homes operate above the national average OFSTEDratings.
- We encourage our young people to feel a sense of belonging we want our homes to feel like a safe, secure place for children to live, where they can begin to feel a renewed sense of safety and emotional wellbeing. We work collaboratively to ensure that children and young people have the opportunity to experience positive and safe relationships with others, including maintaining family relationships.
New to the role?
We recognise that children and young people have a diverse range of needs andwe aim to ensure that everyone at Horizon sees every child as an individual andhas the right qualities to meet their needs accordingly. We welcome applicationsfrom all backgrounds and experiences and are committed to developing andsupporting all of our staff to achieve their own personal best as well asenjoying the work that they do, every day.
- Within your first two years we will have supported you in achieving your QCF Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce qualification meaning you will have access to career advancement and the opportunity to rise through our pay bands. Theres nothing to stop you developing your career further we will provide and pay for relevant training to help you reach your career goals, whatever they may be.
Our Therapeutic Approach
- Whether you are new to the role or experienced in caring for young people, all staff are also therapeutically trained in our own innovative and highly-regarded therapeutic model, and our staff and young people are supported by our team of fully-qualified, in-house psychologists. This training ensures our staff are equipped and confident in placing the childs well-being at the forefront of everything we do.
All our Residential Childcare workers must be over the age of 21 and willideally hold a full UK driving licence (although this is not essential).
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure (fullypaid for) and provide satisfactory references.
Interested? Click Apply Now or contact us on#########
Posted 11 days ago