Senior Technical Specialist - Liverpool - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Technical Specialist
Liverpool - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
This opportunity is working with a globally leading pharmaceutical organisation as part of their analytical sciences department based in Speke. This role would be an excellent chance for an experienced scientist to develop their technical skills and knowledge with a dynamic company at the forefront of biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
In this role as a senior scientist, you will carry out biophysical and chemical characterisation to support the development and commercialisation of innovate medicines and technologies, as well as mentoring other team members and leading method development.
- Responsible for planning the Analytical Characterisation testing for new product development programmes
- Responsible for reviewing the required analytical physicochemical characterisation data to support Regulatory Filings.
- Responsible for designing Analytical Characterisation testing plans for stakeholder proposals, in-house platform development and innovation
- Collaborating with technical leads to deliver the project activities by aligning CMC analytical strategy, ratifying analytical sample submissions and designs of experiments.
- Responsible for acting as a technical lead on projects/methods assigned to them including the development/ optimisation and/ or transfer of methods through to non-routine/ routine application either internally or to external stakeholders or partners.
- Create, review, and/or approve batch specific characterisation study protocols and reports.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science field.
- A PhD and/or have relevant industrial or experience within the biologics industry or academia within the field of protein characterisation (including viral proteins).
- Significant experience of product analysis of pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical products by Mass Spectrometry.
- Strong scientific knowledge and commitment to learning and keeping abreast of new technologies within their field
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques for the planning and analysis of experiments
- Experience with product analysis of pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical products.
- Expert in technical writing of reports and test methods, reviewing and interpreting analytical characterisation data.
- Experience in assay development and optimisation.
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful.