Children's Residential Support Worker
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
£8.31 - £9.51 per hour (£17,250 - £19,750)
Children's Residential Support Worker - Therapeutic Parent
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £8.31 - £9.51 per hour (£17,250 - £19,750) depending on experience and qualifications
Hours of Work: 173 hours per month
About the Company:
Halliwell Homes are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services. Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the care system through our Restorative Parenting recovery programme.
A Therapeutic Parent will deliver Halliwell's Restorative Parenting® recovery programme offering sensitive and caring re-parenting to children aged between 4 and 12 (at the time of placement) who have experienced trauma in their lives. Caring for children who can at times display complex and challenging behaviors.
Children's Residential Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Offer therapeutic parenting techniques to meet the children's' social, emotional, cultural and educational needs
- Assist in the day to day running of the home including domestic duties and paperwork / record keeping working closely with onsite deputy lead therapeutic parents, clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child
- A therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment will need to be in place at all times to meet Ofsted's Quality Standards
- You will work at one of our four homes in the Greater Manchester region (Rossendale, Cheadle or Hyde)
- Minimum 173 hours per month. You will work a rolling rota on an 8-week cycle consisting of rota'd hours combined with 29 hours per month compulsory overtime consisting of professional development & restorative parenting related work tasks
Children's Residential Support Worker Requirements:
- Graduate with a relevant degree e.g. psychology and childcare and are keen to study towards a post-graduate qualification (Desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English C or above
- Willing to undertake studying to a minimum of a level 5 qualification (Halliwell would support study up to post graduate level)
- Passionate about delivering real psychological recovery for children within the looked after system
- Experience working with children, preferably in environments with challenging behavior
- Full UK Driving License
- Willing to work varying shifts patterns based on a rolling rota
- Willing to complete professional development and training programme
Children's Residential Support Worker Benefits:
- Extensive in-house training and be supported throughout to develop your career.
- Staff Counselling Service
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme
- Competitive rates of pay
If you think that you are suitable for this Children's Residential Support Worker role, please apply now!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure.
Posted 47 days ago