VAT Associate Director - Milton Keynes Village | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
VAT Associate Director
Milton Keynes Village, Milton Keynes, England
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
This role will proactively deliver VAT advice to clients, including the review and preparation of VAT returns, review of VAT processes and controls, the provision of advice on the VAT implications associated with new delivery models, complex procurement arrangements, and high value investment programs such as repair, refurbishment and construction of new facilities, ensuring the provision of an effective and cost driven service to clients in line with budgets.
About the department
As a high growth department, there is a strong emphasis on delivering and/or overseeing the junior team’s delivery of a strong pipeline of varied advisory work. This will include, identifying and pursuing opportunities, primarily from within the existing RSM contact base and working with the broader RSM team to bring these to fruition.
As a national VAT practice, we provide the freedom to find the right balance between sector specialism and general advisory, as well as an opportunity to initiate and develop new areas of focus for the VAT team. As a fast growing team, there are significant opportunities for client development.
About the job
Together with Partners you will manage the interface between a group of clients and the firm to ensure that the agreed expectations of the clients in terms of service, quality, and cost and also the firm’s targets are met.
- To ensure that clients’ VAT affairs comply with statutory time limits, and to manage compliance work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the firm’s tax manual.
- To identify and advise on VAT planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To respond to clients’ correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
- To undertake work delegated by the Partner or Director.
- To act as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
- To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To achieve targets set by management on compliance matters with particular reference to the submission of VAT returns.
- To develop an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an awareness of the firm’s services, brochures and publications.
- To identify, interview and convert prospective clients and to assist other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars and to effectively follow up contacts made.
- To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working at Associate Director or Manager level within VAT, as well as previous experience of winning work and ability to unlock fees from the existing client base. You will be confident in helping to develop junior members of staff and driving forward a good team environment.
- Able to build and develop a team
- Strong commerciality and target driven
- Strong and convincing communicator
- Able to work independently
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.