Site Manager - Cambridge | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£50000 - £60000/annum + Pension
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is an established and privately owned, London based Developer and Main Contractor that has been operating for over 20 years and has a reputation for creating outstanding and award-winning homes, in and around the capital. Currently, they are working on a range of residential development schemes in London.
As a main contractor, they work with a range of private and public sector local authority and housing associations. They have a proven track record of delivering logistically difficult projects, both new construction and refurbishment and/or conversion of listed or existing buildings.
They are also a longstanding member of well-recognised new homes warranty schemes with an excellent claims record, hence rated in the lowest category for risk.
The management team has a strong construction-based background, working for a range of tier 1 contractors.
Role: External Site Manager - £50,000 - £60,000 all in – South East London
We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to help manage a new scheme in Cambridge starting summer 2021. The new project is a £10m residential refurbishement scheme in the Cambridge area.
Duties to be undertaken:
* As a Site Manager you will work closely with the site-based Project Manager to ensure project delivery and the safe and efficient day-to-day running of the scheme.
* Accountable for all daily operational activity and the management of operatives and sub-contractors, ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
* Manage activities on site, ensuring that the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times. Organising and coordinating site resources to optimise their effectiveness on site.
* Undertake the induction of all employees and sub-contractors on site and follow up with toolbox talks.
* Induct all employees in the company’s way of working ensuring that the contract delivery processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
* Responsible for ensuring that the quality and programme standards are delivered (avoiding any defects later), undertaking regular reviews to monitor progress against programme addressing any shortcomings and issues as they arise.
* Complete all QA inspections in line with the company procedures.
* Review and coordinate contract drawings and specifications for all work sections.
* Produce short term programmes for all trades to achieve main programme dates.
* Chair/attend weekly sub-contractor progress/planning meeting and record minutes.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Significant previous experience of managing construction projects, ideally with RC frame experience, and a good understanding of modern construction methods, including lightweight steel.
* You will hold valid First Aid, CSCS & SMSTS qualifications.
* Temporary works co-ordinator experience would be desirable but is not essential.
What you'll get in return:
* A competitive salary plus the opportunity to work on interesting schemes with a good team and great career opportunities