Maintenance Engineer - Chester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Maintenance Engineer- Manufacturing
Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, England
30000.0000 - 40000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a time served Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical bias and proven experience in ensuring the highest levels of productivity and efficiency of production plant machinery? If so this high growth and sustainable manufacturing organisation with a strategic network of sites can offer you and unparalleled career and be part of their continued success.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be highly reactive to meeting the day to day maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and servicing of production manufacturing machinery. Essentially you will maintain all plant equipment to maximise available production activities whilst ensuring a safe working environment in line with the company Health and Safety procedures.
This is a fascinating role where you will have support from the production teams and management so you can be sure of meeting the key targets of limiting downtime through breakdowns and how much time spent on preventative maintenance.
Flexibility is key and the hours will be on a weekly rotation of a Day/Night shift 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am (4 x 12 Hour shifts) Monday - Thursday. This gives complete support for the automation and manufacturing processes.
- Carry out essential machine maintenance duties reacting to a fast pace production environment.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance on key plant and equipment as specified within preventative maintenance plans.
- Ensuring critical spare parts are held and controlled to minimalise production down time in case of component failure.
- Collaborate with site Management team to ensure site minimal disruption to production output.
- Hands on approach and reactive to changeable workloads with the technical expertise to make appropriate decisions for engineering tasks.
- Planned maintenance, replacement, repair of mechanical parts including Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems
- Responding to breakdowns across the site in a timely manner ensuring minimum disruption to productivity.
- Diagnosing faults and making recommendations for plant improvement in terms of safety and productivity.
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings as necessary to undertake duties.
- Ensuring plant, equipment and facilities meet compliance with Health and Safety legislation
Key Skills and Competencies
- You should hold a time served City in Guilds apprenticeship/HNC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Technically astute in diagnosing breakdowns, fault finding and decision making to minimalise downtime.
- Flexibility and energetic to meet a very demanding production environment.
- High attention to detail and experience in maintaining and updating high specification production machinery.
- Strong team work with the initiative to work as part of a highly skilled team.
- Hands on mechanical skills from basic welding to total preventative maintenance.
- Reliable and consistent in execution of workloads with strong communication to liaise with production, maintenance and management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a really enterprising company within a fast pace environment that will really give you the opportunity to fully utilise your engineering skills and experience to the full potential.