Landfill Compliance Inspector
£Competitive + Benefits
Are you a highly experienced waste management compliance professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Landfill Compliance Inspectors to join our team. This role will cover the Southern Region of the UK
Landfill Compliance Inspector Role:
Joining our team, the Landfill Compliance Inspector will proactively and independently investigate and monitor site compliance in the regional area with respect to waste acceptance. Working autonomously and reporting directly into the Landfill Director, the role will cover all sites in the dedicated region conducting spot checks and unplanned visits to report both procedural and behavioural practice with a view to working with the Landfill Compliance Team to develop appropriate interventions and actions. Responsibilities include:
- Visit operational landfill sites across the region to monitor weighbridge compliance
- Assist sites with waste acceptance, inspection and testing at all stages of waste acceptance making detailed and accurate notes of the process and findings
- Work collaboratively with the Landfill Team and be a visible presence at working sites
- Provide regular and ad hoc detailed reports of operational and weighbridge compliance
- Work closely with the Landfill Compliance Team to develop actions and interventions to address waste acceptance and compliance improvements.
Our ideal Landfill Compliance Inspector:
- Proven track record of auditing complex operations
- Experience in Waste Management processes
- Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and their impacts
- Knowledge of Landfill regulation and best practice
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Compliance Inspector, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of other flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY for the Landfill Compliance Inspector role.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 45 days ago