Business Team Manager
London, Greater London, England
- To act as a manager on a mixed and demanding portfolio of clients within Price Baileys Business team and promote our services to potential new clients. You will also be responsible for management of a growing team taking a lead role in their development going forwards
- To display a commercial approach to client servicing and to demonstrate maturity in judgement.
- To actively grow client portfolio making the most of business development opportunities when they arise
- To produce complete client files to consistently good standard, in accordance with Price Bailey compliance requirements.
- To competently manage all routine tax compliance matters occurring within client assignments.
- To be able to raise high quality business correspondence, including technically demanding reports.
- To take responsibility for portfolio WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners and Directors.
- To display strong and proactive awareness of current legislation and changes, relating them where appropriate to client assignments.
- To be able to identify opportunities to add value to clients and refer them to Price Bailey specialists where appropriate.
- To be able to delegate work effectively where appropriate.
- To assist in staff development appraisal meetings and mentoring
- To display a strong team ethic working alongside other managers sharing resources
PersonSpecification: normal'>Work based competencies
- ACA/ACCA qualified ideally with 5 years PQE
- Up to date working knowledge of VAT, including MTD
- Staff management experience
- Experience of using Sage Line 50, Xero and Quickbooks Online essential.
- Strong excel skills, including creation of financial models or forecasts
- Confident, articulate and an effective communicator at all levels
- Well presented and professional
- Good IT skills
- Communicator: knowledgeable and assertive communicator commanding clients and colleagues respect.
- Organiser: think ahead, effective planner and ensuring multiple deadlines are met
- Potential secondment opportunities
- CPD programme for part/fully qualified candidates including compliance and broader technical skills training
- Performance reviews every six months
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Smart Working (see link for further details ( )
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- Volunteering programme.
- 25 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Private medical insurance
- Car and fuel allowance via salary sacrifice
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group
- Cycle to work scheme
- Core business hours 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9:00am 5:30pm)
- Travel will be required across the region to be at clients premises for our normal business hours
- Systems: Microsoft Office Package, Sage Line 50, Xero, QuickBooks, Practice Engine
Posted 14 days ago