Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
Bath, Somerset, England
Competitive hourly rates
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
BMI Bath Clinic Hospital in Bath is growing, and we want you to come and grow with us. The Hospital is set in a picturesque location with easily accessible transport links to and from the site.
Being a part of BMI Healthcare, means that you work for an organisation who are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of 58 hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Being a part of BMI means that whatever your role - you can expect variety, challenges, job satisfaction and a professional team who will always support you. Being part of such a large network also means that scope for progression and development is at your fingertips, with all our training conducted in-house at the BMI Academy.
We are recruiting for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Previous experience in an Endoscopy unit is essential.
- Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care across the endoscopy patient pathway, supporting and assisting the Endoscopy Practitioner Lead in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 16 days ago