Coventry, West Midlands, England
competitive salary plus benefits
Permanent (Full time)
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
Great things are happening at the BMI Meriden Hospital in Walsgrave, Coventry. We have received a 'Good' rating in all five domains in our CQC inspection in April 2018. This has been achieved by a new and proactive senior team of professionals across the hospital. At the same time our business is expanding and we therefore have vacancies in our theatre suite and ward departments. BMI Academy is an extensive programme and meets many developmental needs of our staff.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Medical secretarial experience essential
- Maths and English - GCSE Grade C or above
- RSA 111 qualification or equivalent
- Experience with digital dictation preferred
- Must have a typing qualification and a good understanding of medical terminology
- Proficient in IT and Microsoft applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Telephone manner and skills is essential
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a professional, efficient and effective medical typing service to support the medical secretaries.
- To maintain departmental security.
- To adhere to Data protection policy.
- To answer and respond to telephone enquiries from the public, consultants, their secretaries and other departments as required.
- To ensure correspondence/investigations are dealt with appropriately.
- To ensure adherence to Departmental operational policies/ procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Margaret Foggerty on#########
Posted 104 days ago