Security Officer (Mobile Relief)
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Experience in security preferred and you must be able to communicate effectively at all levels. The successful candidate must be confident when dealing with members of the public and able to react to any situation that may arise.
Relief Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns.
- Management of access / egress control
- Meeting and greeting all individuals who attend site
- Conduct search duties at entry points
- Conducting internal patrols, checking for signs of damage, vandalism, theft, flood
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, client personnel and Mitie Management
- Management of keys and passes issue and return
- Dealing with fire alarm testing on an agreed basis
- Testing of other emergency systems; panic alarms, lift alarms, disabled toilet alarms
- Monitoring of CCTV systems and following procedures in the event of an incident
- Handling requests for viewing & downloading CCTV footage ensuring that the correct escalation and authority processes are followed
- Production and submission of incident reports
- Keeping records of site activity through the Daily Occurrence Book
- Locking / Unlocking site
- Any other requests as communicated by MITIE and as agreed with client personnel
- Be of smart appearance.
- Have excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have a positive outlook.
- Be proactive and willing to help.
- Flexible in terms of hours and locations.
- Ability to make own way to and from various sites.
- Team Player .
- Hold a valid SIA Licence.
All applicants must hold a valid UK drivers licence/or have access to a vehicle and travel will be involved.
- You will be required to work on various sites and contracts in and around the Bristol and Cardiff and surrounding areas.
- You will be paid for the hours you work at the rate of pay per contract. Pay rate from £8.21 per hour to £8.50 per hour.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 5 days ago