Multimedia - Greater London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | d30c32
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Greater London - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the editor, the Multimedia Designer will also support the Art Director in collaborating effectively with editorial, commercial and marketing colleagues to deliver effective campaigns that work seamlessly across all formats and platforms: print, online, video, email and social media.
You’ll work as part of the GW art team in a cross-format role, generating eye-catching content, visuals and presentation materials primarily in digital formats, including websites, digital editions, email templates, graphics for web and social media, as well as print. You’ll work closely with the team to ensure that brand values and style guidelines are upheld. With a proven flair for compelling design and typography, ideally with experience in presentation software and motion graphics, you will generate innovative visuals that engage our target audiences.
- Working with the editor and brand colleagues across a range of departments to create digital assets including: website graphics, email templates, social media graphics, digital edition templates, brand campaigns, video and audio idents
- Working with the brand Art, Editorial and Marketing colleagues to create print assets including: magazine page layouts where required, brand print adverts, point-of-sale merchandising material, artwork for live events, magazine paper wraps/packaging, brand-related product (inc seed packs, posters, calendars, supplements, magazines etc), campaign logos
- Developing graphic identities for key campaigns that help us to meet business objectives
- Working with the Picture editor to source appropriate imagery for publication on all brand channels, in full compliance with rights agreements
- Ensuring all graphic output reflects brand values and design guidelines, both in print and online
- Liaising with brand stakeholders to ensure all design projects are thoroughly briefed, with clearly defined objectives
- Processing and editing images for publication in print, on website and other platforms as required
- Create templates that colleagues can use to easily create consistent, brand-appropriate graphics
- Creating graphic identities for video strands, working closely with our in-house video team to ensure that all elements work as motion graphics
- Accessing insight and research data to gain an understanding of the target audience(s)
- Monitoring developments in design/UX best practice
- Enabling input into and development of digital content by our print Art team
- Complying with BBC Editorial Guidelines and BBC Studios Commercial Guidelines to help ensure our magazines and websites meet the values and standards of the BBC
- Complying with all relevant BBC Studios safety rules, procedures and guidelines and be aware of responsibilities under the BBC Studios safety policy
- Complying with BBC Studios policies on Diversity and applying the principles of the policy when carrying out the role
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates proficiency in print and digital design
- Experience of creating compelling visual work to a consistently high standard, meeting the defined needs of an audience
- Thorough working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects, plus presentation software, including Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Experience of UX / wireframing / prototyping approaches, practices, and software, including Sketch
- Experience of creating motion graphics . video idents desirable
- Experience of creating presentation materials in a range of formats
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive deadlines with both internal and external partners
- Enthusiasm for subject matter and empathy with style and standards of output across the brand
- Experience working in a commercial environment – where measurable results are key
- Highly organised with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants. We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured; we’ll treat your information confidentially.
People are at the heart of our business and creating a diverse and inclusive working environment is extremely important to us. Immediate is an equal opportunities employer. We will never treat anyone less favourably because of their sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital/civil partnerships, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief or disability. We are also committed to supporting applications from those who are returning to work following a career break, maternity leave or caring responsibilities.