Manchester, Greater Manchester
£13.00 - £15.00 per hour
Our client based in Manchester is looking for new to join there existing team, **JOB PURPOSE** Reporting to the Shift Chargehand you will be responsible for the Maintenance and Repair of a Fleet of Waste Collection Vehicles & Equipment consisting of various makes, models & types, ranging from Car Derived Vans to 44tArtic Units & Trailers. | Experience
- | Previous experience of servicing, maintaining and repairing vehicles / road sweeping equipment to meet current legislative requirements.
Previous experience of maintaining and repairing waste handling equipment, including the overhaul of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Previous experience of completing service and repair documentation and records to meet required standards.
- | | --- | --- | | Technical Knowledge
- | Excellent understanding of vehicle and body electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Up to date knowledge of basic health and safety legislation and practice and DVSA requirements.
- | | Skills and Behaviours (inc.from Behavioural Framework)
Customer service skills.
Welldeveloped interpersonal skills.
Good organisational and multitasking skills.
- | | General
- | Be selfmotivated and be able to work both individually or as part of a large team.
Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
Ability to work safely in a physically demanding role.
Ability to respond positively to ongoing changes in a challenging and dynamic operational environment.
- | Shift patterns are Monday Thursday, early shift 06:30 14:30, late shift 14:0022:00 rotating, Friday late shift finishes at 18:00, the hourly rate is £13.00 p/h, the standard working week is 37.5 hours + O/T there is a shift allowance of £1.72 for early shift and £2:33 for late shift, there are 20 days holiday + bank holidays, overtime paid @1.5 Monday to Saturday, Sunday double time, **Basic pay rate is £13.00 per hour, average earnings based on the above shifts would be £15.01 per hour £29,269.50 as an annualised salary, more if overtime is worked**
Posted 48 days ago