Support Worker - Male
Greater London, England
£9 - 10 per hour + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Support Worker - Supported Living Wage: Up to £10 per hour Shift Patterns: Will vary, you must be able to work a mixture of earlies, lates and sleep-in shifts Location: Barking
At Lodge Group, we are looking for committed, hardworking go-getters to join our growing team. What is a Support Worker? Put simply, a Support Worker is someone who supports a person in their daily life. The role of support worker is so varied - every person has unique needs, so this makes the job unique too.
Your day-to-day activities will include things such as: Helping people with personal care tasks, which could include things such as showering & toileting, Helping people with daily chores ie- cleaning & preparing meals, supporting people to pursue their hobbies and interests and supporting people with their general health care needs ie- helping with medications, diets etc.
Our ideal Support Worker will:
- Be a good communicator and a good listener
- Be someone who is calm
- Be Positive, trustworthy and honest, patient and cheerful
- Have experience with or an understanding of Learning Disabilities
- Have or be willing to work towards an NVQ in Health & Social Care
- Have a flexible working pattern
You need to be able to show empathy, have initiative, and be able to put people at ease and help them feel safe and comfortable. You've also got to be able to multi-task; remember, every day is different!
In return for all of your hard work, Lodge Group will:
- Provide excellent rates of pay
- Provide holiday Pay & Employer funded Workplace Pension Scheme
- Give you the opportunity to work for a growing and forward thinking company
- Provide outstanding training & career development opportunities including NVQ qualifications
- Healthcare Benefits
It's not an easy job sometimes, but it's incredibly rewarding. It's guaranteed that every day will be different. You'll get a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction when you see someone grow in independence. You'll share new experiences together and celebrate their successes. You'll enable people to overcome fears and challenges while building their confidence and self-esteem.
So - whether you are an experienced Support Worker, or someone looking for a change in career, if this role sounds like it could be for you, please apply now or call Bianca on######### for more information.
Posted 104 days ago