Weekend Cook - Luton - This Area Only | Zoek UK | d3125c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Luton - This Area Only
£9.23 - £11.83/hour
Permanent (Full time)
KG Personnel is looking for a Weekend Cook to join one of our Luton based clients to co-ordinate all aspects of kitchen production, so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met.
This role will be based in a residential home for elderly and successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
In order to be successful you need to have a genuine interest in working with the elderly people with Learning Difficulties and mental health
• To prepare Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon tea and Dinner for residents and these are prepared at the appropriate times
• To prepare meals taking into consideration a balanced diet and dietary requirements
• To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control ., menus, hygiene, health and safety, cleaning, and waste control.
• To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to manager
• To prepare menus alongside manager for the care home considering the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
• To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
• To maintain the agreed stock levels of food and to provide stock sheet to manager to order in items
• To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
• To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
• To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
• To co-operate with requests from the Manager and residents wherever possible.
• To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Friendly, creative, and confident
• Have life skills
• Satisfactory DBS check
No formal qualifications are required to undertake this role as appropriate training will be provided
Hours: Sat - Sun / 12pm - 7pm
Rate: £ - £ p/h
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with us on (phone number removed)! Please apply with CV or call our office by 31st October 2021