Warehouse Operative - Dudley | Zoek UK | d319bb
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
You will join us as a Warehouse Operative and will ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled to the highest standards in a fast-paced environment.
We have vacancies available on the Weekly Rotating Shift Monday to Friday 6:00 am to 2:00pm then Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 10:00pm.
We want to hear from operational people who are looking for a new opportunity and would like to come and work for us! We want individuals who share our values; hard-working, focused, can work cohesively as a team, and deliver to high standards.
Warehouse Operative Responsibilities:
• Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling/lifting of heavy and large item.
• Loading, cutting, and offloading of steel.
• Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
• Transferring stock to its location using Forklift trucks and crane
• Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers’ orders
• Keep work area clean and tidy maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
• Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements.
• Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
Warehouse Operative Requirements:
• The successful candidate will have experience as a Warehouse Operative, ideally in the Steel Industry, however training will be given.
• Have a flexible attitude, be results oriented, and enjoy working in a team environment.
• Fork-Lift and overhead crane experience are desirable.
• Health & Safety awareness.
• Driving Licence is essential
All About Us:
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel, and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum (this includes overtime and potential bonus).
Benefits: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, we offer full mobile plant training . Fork Truck, Side Loader, 4 Way, Crane & Shunt.
Ref: (Apply online only)