Workshop Engineer - Hemel Hempstead | Zoek UK | d31ba5
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Greenshields JCB was established in 1996 as the South East of England’s premier dealer of JCB Construction and Industrial machinery. Today, we are recognised as one of the world’s largest JCB dealers and have an acknowledged wealth of experience across all of our business sectors.
We are looking to expand our workhop team at our Hemel Hempstead depot and have the following opportunity to add a Workshop engineer to the team.
Purpose/Brief Summary of Role
To provide support to our range of machinery at the respective depot with a primary focus on keeping the machinery in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
* Investigate, diagnose and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment
* General Engineering duties which include working at height, beneath and within all JCB machines.
* Repairing and maintaining machines using lifting equipment supplied.
* Driving and moving of machines inside and outside of the workshop.
* Servicing of a wide variety of machines within the workshop.
* Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve problems.
* Complete job cards to a high standard promptly and within a given timeframe.
* Complete paperwork and timesheets in a timely manner.
* Request parts efficiently and effectively.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Supervise other workshop engineers, when required, to ensure that a high quality of work and safe working procedures are maintained.
* Cover for the foreman when abesent or on annual leave
* Assist in booking machines in and out
* Ensure the machines are ready for transport collections
* Ensure compliance with relevant procedures when repairing and inspecting equipment.
* Ensure work/personal equipment complies with all safety standards.
* Maintain control of warranty parts returns to the parts department.
* Ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
* Carrying out all work practices in line with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
* Contributing to overall success of Greenshields JCB Limited through teamwork and good communication within the Company.
* Maintaining high standard of cleanliness and house keeping.
* Presenting a professional image at all times.
* All Engineers must ensure that their own tools are safe and legal to use.
* No lifting equipment (including straps, trolley jacks etc) must be supplied by the Engineer, these items are provided by the Company.
* Remain flexible to all aspects of the role