Senior Project Manager - Shurton | Zoek UK | d31c16
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Manager
Shurton, Somerset, England
£75000 - £85000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a large construction business for an experienced Senior Project Manager to work on an incredibly unique and technically challenging project at a nuclear power station.
This company is always working on innovative projects, so this is a great opportunity for a Senior Project Manager looking to build a long-term career
In return for your hard work, they offer an excellent benefits package and progression opportunities.
You will be assisting the Project Director with the management and delivery of four new-build commercial buildings (~£75M).
You will also be responsible for the economic safe management of phase 2 in respect of progress, workmanship, health, safety, environmental and quality standards by ensuring that adequate and proper labour, plant, materials and subcontractor resources are available and adequately directed to the meet the requirements of the contract.
* To plan, organise, control and coordinate the package or section of the project to a satisfactory and safe completion.
* To implement and where instructed to develop the Project Management Plan as contained within the Project Management Manual.
* To mark up the project programme on a weekly basis.
* To review daily the weekly work plan and brief trade supervision on action required.
* To ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed, issued and communicated by the sub-contractor and to then actively monitor the implementation and ensure that the works are carried as agreed.
* To ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required to achieve the aims of the project team.
* To provide reports and keep site records / administration as required by Company procedures and statute.
* To protect the Company's interest via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence with the client, Design Team and sub-contractors.<br><br> * To actively monitor and supervise subordinate site staff's performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency thus ensuring the competence of site staff.
* To ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with good practise and in line with all relevant specifications, drawings, method statements and to obtain all relevant technical / manufacturers information prior to any activity commencing.
* To implement systems and procedures to ensure total client satisfaction upon completion 'Defect free'.
* Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings will all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
* Where appropriate to work closely with members of the commercial team to produce the sub contract procurement schedule and to sign off all subcontract orders in accordance with the latest procurement procedures.
* To ensure that focus is maintained on the forecast final financial position, including prelims, sub-contractor non recoverable and day works, rick and opportunity schedules.
Min. 10 years main contractor experience, ideally on similar type and size projects
A background in civils and structures, with strong knowledge of reinforced concrete structures
Ability to understand and retain knowledge
Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produce accurate work
Experience in the construction industry
Has technical knowledge and is profit minded
Must be methodical and process driven
HSE training in accordance with the BYUK training matrix in particular SMSTS, Appointed Person
Training and Temporary Works coordination.
IT Literate, Document control and use of collaborative shared platforms (4P)
Generates high quality output such as management plans
NEC3 Option A/C Form of contract administration
Our Benefits include:
* Car allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Pension (4% employee, 8% employer contributions)
* 26 days annual leave, rising to 30 with length of service
* Private medical insurance
* Life insurance
* 26 days annual leave, pension, private medical and life insurance - and more