Team Manager - North Somerset - This Area Only | Zoek UK | d328df
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
North Somerset - This Area Only
£32000 - £34000/annum
Unspecified (Full time)
Basic Salary: £32,000 - £34,000
Full-time - Fixed term 10 month Contract (Maternity Cover) with potential for longer
Benefits: Car Allowance, 30 days’ Annual Leave (rising to 35 days’ with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Free Parking
Base Location: Weston-Super-Mare (currently working from home)
Polaris Children’s Services has developed an expertise in working with vulnerable children and their families across the UK. We were established as a company in our own right in 2009.
Our multi-disciplinary social workers, support workers, therapists and teachers use both therapeutic and evidence based approaches in their work.
Our services for children, young people and families are designed to deliver positive outcomes using evidence based models and the latest research.
About this opportunity
Working with the Service Manager, the Team Manager is responsible for overseeing operational delivery of the edge of care service working with families to prevent family breakdown and also reunify children home to families from care. The team manager will be ensuring the effective deployment of resources, promotion of the service, and delivery of high quality standards and continuous service improvements, particularly in relation to practice.
You will develop and manage our service whilst providing a Secure Base framework for employees, carers and young people to support them to meet their full potential.
The Team Manager will provide day to day operational support to the Service Manager, building and maintaining an effective partnership of networks across local Authority service areas to facilitate a multi-agency approach to meeting the needs of children, young people and families.
* Management of staff and services, ensuring our children and young people are receiving the highest standards of family intervention and support, education and therapy possible.
* Oversee and direct statutory and regulatory compliance in operations.
* Supervise, support and appraise family support workers, Administrators, and other Centre staff.
* Facilitate and develop positive relationships with our Children and Families, Centre staff, staff from other Centres within our wider Group, and external partners
* Responsible for identifying and reporting any business risks to the Service Manager, in conjunction with central Risk Department, ensuring effective Business Continuity Action Plans are in place locally to enable service delivery to be maintained
* Carry out all duties with due regard for equality and diversity, health and safety and confidentiality.
* Support and participate in Polaris Performance and Development Review (PDR) process, including attending training and professional development opportunities as required.
* A registered and qualified Social Worker with evidence of post-qualification study.
* 2 years’ experience of providing social care services to young people and their families
* IT literacy to include the Microsoft Suite ie, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and confident with databases ie, CHARMS.
* To have an understanding and to be able to write reports
* Current, valid UK driving licence with unrestricted access to own car.
For an informal conversation about this post please contact Monique Williamson (phone number removed)
To be considered please do apply today. This advert may be removed early if sufficient applications are received prior to the stated closing date.
Due to the current lockdown situation most interviews are being held virtually and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.
If face to face interviews are held all candidates and interview panel will be required to do a LFT Prior to interview.
No agencies please