Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, UK
£23720 - £39406 per annum
Our client co-educational secondary school in the Stockport area is looking for a Science teacher to start with them in January 2020. This is due to be an open vacancy within their supportive Science department as a result of a pending relocation of a member of their science teaching staff. This teaching position will involve teaching all sciences at KS3 and KS4.
The Head of Science said of the science teaching position:
"We are a positive and enthusiastic Science department looking for a confident and able Science teacher to join our team at the start of the spring term of the new 2019/2020 academic year. We are happy to accept applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking for a successful teaching career; able to support with the successful scientist's NQT Induction year. Our school is situated in a multi-cultural diverse area of Stockport so we require a strong classroom practitioner who is able to create and deliver innovative and engaging lessons.
The successful scientist will have the benefit of a highly supportive department where we collaborate with regards resources and ideas on a daily/weekly basis"
Highlights of this science teaching position:
- Pay ranging between £23720 - £39406 (pro rata) per annum depending on teacher's payscale
- Full time science teaching position starting in January 2020 for 2 terms
- Open vacancy within this highly supportive science department
- Initially on a supply basis with the opportunity to progress onto a school based permanent contract
The school is based in the Stockport area, as part of a highly reputable and successful trust of secondary schools. The senior leadership team is highly supportive of all staff members and have the additional layer of an executive head teacher that oversees the whole trust as well as having the benefit of the collaboration across the whole trust.
Given its ideal location in the South Manchester area of Stockport, the school has plenty of local transport links with regular buses travelling to the school as well as the A6 and M60 ring road. The school itself is in a relatively new building with excellent facilities and state of art laboratories as part of the science wing.
- Strong classroom practitioner required for this science teaching position
- NQTs will be supported through their induction
- Plenty of ongoing CPD opportunities internally with the school as well as with Teaching Personnel
If you a science teacher looking for a new teaching position starting in January, then apply now for immediate consideration. Please attach your latest CV outlining your teaching experience with a short covering statement.
Posted 20 days ago