Supply Chain Project - Doncaster - This Area Only | Zoek UK | d33f12
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Supply Chain Project Controller
Doncaster - This Area Only
£35000 - £45000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Leading the delivery of specific supply chain projects, coordinating activities across multiple internal business functions through to successful implementation. Ensure the supply chain projects are implemented to agreed time scales, controlling costs and keeping material to optimum levels without obsolescence or OTIF impact.
- Support the supply chain department in the delivery of specific projects, to agreed timescales and within budget.
- To support in the management of materials in relation to specific projects, coordinating requirements of new and existing components.
- Report any significant supply/logistical problem to direct manager; ensure supply issues are communicated timely to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that material control data is up to date at all times on the MRP system.
- Working closely with shipping companies and ensure that most cost effective shipping methods from Far East are used (sea or air).
- To support in the running of Project meetings in relation to all of the above areas.
- Providing detailed and accurate data analysis to ensure projects are able to meet business KPI’s and internal / external customer expectation.
- To ensure that components are expedited to fulfil production/customer requirements as required by the Project plan.
- Rescheduling of current purchase orders, as required by MRP, to meet changing customer requirements.
- Ensure that stock levels are kept at optimum levels by applying existing delivery strategies, working closely with the suppliers and provide visibility on future inventory movements through inventory forecasts.
- Identify and manage critical components to specific projects (. long lead time, single sourced, etc).
- Provide critical suppliers with regular forecasts, to ensure full visibility of our requirements
* Material Control experience ideally within a Manufacturing environment.
* Project management experience
* Computer literate with ERP systems (ideally SAP ) and Microsoft packages, in particular Excel.
* Flexible/adaptable – able to cope with change.
* Impeccable data analysis and presentation.
* Ability to understand and work with complex data and scenarios.
* Capable of working under pressure.
* Excellent communications skills, strong people skills.
* Risk assessment of scenario’s that may impact manufacturing and/or supply of finished goods.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Self motivated with a strong record of results.
* Ability to multi task.
* Problem solving skills.
* Work well in an environment with sales and planning departments
* Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
* Previous exposure to Far East suppliers a distinct advantage
* Logistics experience.
- 3/4 month contract FTC with opportunity to go perm for the right candidate
- £35-£45k DOE