Senior Ergonomics Advisor
£16.00 to £21.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £18.50 to £24.39 per hour umbrella depending on skill
Temporary (Full time)
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Job Title:Senior Ergonomics Advisor also known as Senior Manual Handling Type:** Temporary
Duration of temporary role:This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified at this stage
Working days and hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm – the client may be flexible with these working hours
Pay Rate:£16.00 to £21.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £18.50 to £24.39 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
The post holder will lead the Back Care and Manual Handling service as part of the wider Training and OD team. This includes leading a small team of advisors who, in addition to the postholder, provide training to staff in clinical and non-clinical teams across the Trust. The service aims to prevent back injuries and musculo-skeletal disorders arising from work-related activity and to promote a better health & safety culture. It encompasses statutory training and education, risk management, policy development, promotion of staff health, prevention of musculo-skeletal ill health, ergonomic expertise and improvements in patient care and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality, fit for purpose back care and manual handling service to the Trust’s workforce. This will involve overseeing the scheduling and delivery of training and individual assessments across the county in a wide range of venues to both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- To manage, monitor and report sustained high levels of statutory manual handling compliance across the workforce according to specified targets and in line with national standards where they exist.
- To lead a team of ergonomic advisors and be responsible for their line management, performance, personal development and appraisal needs as a subset of the Training & OD team.
- To undertake individualised risk assessments for patients with complex needs and advise the clinical team accordingly.
- To assess the need for and advise staff about evidence-based equipment, in order to reduce the risk of harm to patients, their carers and employees through carrying out advanced assessments of non-routine workplace issues.
- To establish and maintain professional networks with relevant professionals, agencies and client organisations.
- To participate in national groups to represent, promote and enhance the local service for the benefit of the end users.
- To lead on and work with the Head of Training and OD regarding appropriate service developments and strategic direction of the manual handling service in line with national best practice, evidence-based guidelines and strategic corporate direction.
- To be aware of and, in conjunction with the Head of Training and OD, be responsible for the budget for the back care and manual handling service.
- To deputise for the Head of Training and OD in matters relating to the back care and manual handling service and to be a member of the Training and OD senior team. This will include attending meetings, deputising for or making decisions with regards to other areas of Training & OD when required to do so.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post graduate qualification in Manual Handling/biomechanics
- Qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Evidence of a recognised teaching certificate/qualification
- Registered Health Care Professional eg registered with HPC or NMC
- Member of the National Back Exchange
- Experience in training and practical demonstration
- Experience of working in an advisory ergonomic/manual handling role within a range of healthcare / social settings
- A practical, hands-on approach to leading a team of people
- An engaging and competent trainer and presenter
- A proven track record of innovation and problem solving
- Knowledge of specialist equipment required when manual handling in clinical practice
- Understanding of NHS structures
- Sound knowledge of all legislation pertinent to manual handling
- Sound knowledge of current guidance/strategy from DOH, RCN, NBE
Have you previously worked as Band 7 Senior Ergonomics Advisor?
Do you hold a post graduate qualification in Manual Handling/biomechanics?
Are you a member of a National Back Exchange?
Do you have a background in physiotherapy or ergonomic?
Do you meet the criteria above and available immediately?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on#########
Posted 94 days ago