H&S Advisor - Maidstone | Zoek UK | d3562f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Maidstone, Kent, England
£280 - £300/day
Contract (Full time)
JOB TITLE: Health & Safety Advisor - Highways
SALARY: £(Apply online only) Per Day (Umbrella)
My client is a multinational infrastructure group who are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to join them on a Highways project on an initial 2 month contract basis. This role will fall within IR35 so we are unable to recruit any candidates who wish to be paid via a Ltd company.
* You will be responsible for promoting good practice Health, Safety, Environmental and defect prevention performance across the project.
* Raising the profile of Health, Safety, Environment and defect prevention on site
* Making general assessments of how sites and operatives are working and behaving in relation to Health, Safety, Environment and defect prevention working practices
* Adopting a "hands on" approach to coaching Heath, Safety, Environment and defect prevention best practices with everyone on site
* Giving Heath, Safety, Environment and defect prevention advice to operatives and managers
* Upskilling managers in use of business documents and company procedures
* Promoting use of the Positive Intervention and Near Miss reporting systems and ensuring timely close-out of corrective actions
* Promoting our culture of integrating Safety, Health and Environmental considerations into everyday processes
* Undertaking accident and incident investigations to identify causes and opportunities for improvement
* Holding toolbox talks for operatives and managers
* Accompanying managers and other safety professionals on site tours to promote good practices, while advising them of your concerns and ensuring actions raised are closed out
* Attend QESH meetings with peers and partaking in QESH conference calls to share good and poor practices
* Completing on-line reports for each site visited with records of good practices seen, immediate corrective actions completed and areas requiring attention, with the agreed action and close out date; supported by photographs
* Contributing to the continual development of our QESH strategy
* Civil site and or Highways experience
* NEBOSH General or Construction
* CITB SMSTS
* Able to communicate at all levels
* Able to deliver clear information, engage with and enthuse others
* Able to organise and prioritise workload
* Happy to work in a strong team environment
* Experience of working with Highways England would be advantageous
"VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy