Medical Records Officer (Bank)
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
Competitive Hourly Rates
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
Located in Burntstump Country Park in Arnold, North Nottingham - BMI Healthcare's Park Hospital is a fantastic place to work. With 85 private bedrooms, 5 theatres and an Intensive care unit we provide a wide range of treatments from routine investigations to complex surgery across many specialties. We are also the home of The Park Cancer Centre providing chemotherapy and radiotherapy services to cancer patients from Nottingham and surrounding areas. We are very proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC with every one of our 250 employees working together to deliver exceptional patient outcomes.
We have an opportunity for an Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience in a Hospital setting
- Working within a team
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous healthcare background experience desirable
- Previous experience required.
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA.
- To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process.
- To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy.
- The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow BMI guidelines at all times.
- Maintain all paperwork and files in good order
- Ensure all obsolete paperwork is securely destroyed
- Liaise with Secretaries; Consultants and other relevant internal/external agencies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 48 days ago