Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Our client is the UK’s premier high street retailer. As a Store Detective, you will operate across their network of stores, and utilise your observation skills to help prevent theft of stock.
The work of the Detective team is crucial in the identification, apprehension and prosecution of criminals who target our client. Liaison with the police forces and other crime prevention partners, in the areas you will be operating, will be key to keeping up to date with crime trends in the area.
You will remain calm under pressure and react quickly in challenging situations. As no two days at our client’s regional stores are the same, you will need to be highly adaptable.
You will also be required to write detailed reports, document investigations, and keep your personal notebook up-to-date. With this in mind, we are looking for candidates with a GCSE or equivalent in English, and strong overall communication skills.
- Observe, deter and arrest those taking part in criminal activity.
- Liaise with local police.
- Build local network to identify and disrupt crime.
- Report incidents accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Occasionally attend court to provide evidence.
- Stocking stationary cupboards, ensuring all are stocked to the correct levels.
- Report and building issues and see through rectification of these requests and closures.
- Support the delivery of space utilisation data by carrying out periodic audits.
- Experience in a customer facing with a strong customer service background.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proactive and forward-thinking approach to work, demonstrating adaptability and a desire to improve on existing working practices.
- Strongly self-motivated individual possessing a can do attitude and a drive to learn.
- A positive, outgoing personality looking to be part of a strong and established team.
- Extensive reception experience.
- It is essential that you are SIA licenced – store detective experience is highly desirable. Exceptional observational skills.
- The ability to handle sensitive situations.
- Confidence to challenge people when necessary.
- The ability to use modern surveillance systems, like CCTV and electronic tags.
The ability to make quick decisions.
Monday to Saturday - £11.07 per hour
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 13 days ago