Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Job type: Permanent
Navitas has helped generations of learners change their lives through education. Over the last 40 years, hundreds of thousands of learners from around the world have graduated from Navitas colleges, having experienced a teaching and learning environment that supports them to harness their talents and achieve their dreams.
From pre-university and pathway programs to university, to English language and vocational training and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, we reach more than 70,000 aspirational learners at more than 120 colleges and campuses across our global network each year, powered by a diverse and talented group of 7,000 employees.
Responsibilities of the Recruitment Coordinator:
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated, proactive and personable Student Recruitment Coordinator to join the Cambridge Ruskin International College team.
In this role, you will deliver exceptional customer service, answering all customer and concerns regarding our programmes and student experience in a timely manner. You will demonstrate your technical knowledge of our various product options in a friendly and helpful manner.
Your primary customer will be the prospective student, but you will also need to work closely with our agent network, with colleagues in our Source Country teams, in our Admissions and Recruitment Centre and with staff in our partner university. This role will be one of staff members in the marketing and admissions team. Your responsibilities may be varied and include supporting development of marketing materials, understanding of admissions processes and requirements and supporting visits to the college and university campus, as well as liaison with a variety of our customers and partners.
Requirements of the Recruitment Coordinator:
- Possess a tertiary degree level qualification/ or working experience related to student recruitment and marketing
- Evidence of working with customers offering exceptional support and advice.
- Ability to organise own workload and to cope with a variety of task demands.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, target-driven environment.
- Analytical mind with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and having a "can do" attitude.
- Proven ability as a team player able to work across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines, changing priorities and to take responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Flexible attitude to work (e.g. in hours and content), including a willingness to work weekends and evenings when necessary, in support of recruitment activities both locally, around the UK, and internationally
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in using Windows-based and other software applications to manage communications with all stakeholders and provide reports
- Successful track record of working in the private education sector.
- Experience of working in student recruitment, both UK onshore and internationally
- Successful work experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to speak a foreign language.
- Being driven, motivated with an ability to inspire and influence others with a collaborative, commercial and positive attitude
- Proven experience of working effectively within a matrix structure, with focus on collaborating with and influencing various stakeholders
Benefits of becoming the Recruitment Coordinator:
- Access to company pension scheme
- Probation period: three months
- Annual leave: 36 days inclusive of eight (8) Bank Holidays
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. CRIC is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Recruitment Coordinator, then please apply now!
Applications close on 16th August 2019 at 17:00hrs.
Posted 53 days ago