IT Support Technician
Our client is an established company. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services they offer. An opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Technician to join their team on a temporary, full•time basis.
This is the ideal role for an IT Support Technician looking to develop their career with an award•winning company.
As an IT Support Technician you will be responsible for assisting with the effective and efficient management of our clients IT systems.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting different departments with the implementation of new or replacement IT programmes and systems
- To maintain the IT standard operating procedures in line with legislation and internal regulations
- To provide advice and guidance to the end users in the clients IT systems
- To help ensure software licences are available for each PC and server
- Ensure WAN/LAN's are free from unauthorised software
- To support the procurement and implementation of new or replacement IT infrastructure programmes and systems
- To support the procurement and implementation and configuration of server installations in line with
- To assist with the IT Service Desk function and provide first and second line end user support, to both users and other IT members
- To support workloads with other IT disciplines within the IT section
To be considered for the role of IT Support Technician you must have:
- Proven ability to install, maintain and administer:
- Modern industry standard Microsoft server environments (e.g. Windows, SQL, SharePoint and Exchange)
- Modern industry standard Microsoft client environments (e.g. Windows and Office)
- The ability to assist in the management of DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, GPOs, file based permissions and IIS
- Experience of security management, including virus control, mail / web access
- A working knowledge of the internals of a PC, servers, storage devices and peripherals
- Knowledge of ancillary devices connected to PCs or laptops (e.g. PDAs and printers)
- The ability to carry out upgrades
- Experience of service desk administration and support in an ITIL based environment
- An understanding of industry standard networking principles and protocols
- A current driving licence
- Be able to participate in a rota for out of hours support
Additionally, you MUSTpossess your own transport due to the location of the client and role involving some off site working
To apply for the role of IT Support Technician, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: SQL Developer, Database Developer, MS SQL 2005, DBA, SQL Database Developer, SQL, SQL Database Developer, MCSE, MCDBA, IT, IT Technical Support Engineer, IT Technical Services Analyst, IT Helpdesk Support, IT Tech Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Technician, IT Support, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Helpdesk Engineer, Network Support, Network Administration, Systems Administration, 1st line ICT Support Engineer, 2nd line ICT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Advisor, Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support, Desktop Support Engineer, Server Support Engineer, Network Support,
Posted 20 days ago