Support Worker Swansea
£8.21 - £8.66 per hour
Temporary (Full time)
Do you have a passion for providing first class support? Are you an experienced Support Worker? We have exciting opportunities available for a Support Worker role in the Bridgend area.
This is a temporary role commencing as soon as possible. To be considered for this role, experience of working within a similar secure setting in the care sector is preferable, however we are also looking for individuals with vast life experience in general. This role can be extremely physically challenging, therefore you will need to be comfortable in working with a challenging behaviour environment.
Providing support to vulnerable people to:
- * Be active and access community based activities; to connect with others thus creating the opportunity to develop unpaid peer support networks wherever possible
* Carry out wellbeing checks to vulnerable people to make sure they are safe.
* Maintain existing skills and to develop or learn new.
- Follow the Service Delivery Plan that has been written with the individual
* Support and signpost people to appropriate services such as volunteering and befriending services to promote positive wellbeing.
* Support people to enable them to learn and develop to their full potential and supporting people with a range of goal planning and taking the steps required to achieve them. Provides emotional support, as well as practical assistance and advice.
* Provides risk management and review along with the maintenance of personal records.
- Supports people with a variety of support needs, this may include people with learning disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, vulnerable adults with support needs.
* Supports people in a number of support settings, supported living, independent living services, floating support services etc.
* Provides proactive, responsive, flexible Personcentred support to people in their homes and communities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- Qualified in Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care or evidenced experience.
- A valid DBS.
- Paid training.
- Competitive annual leave.
- Opportunity to work overtime hours with bonus payments.
If youre looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by either calling######### or via email
This role is open to receiving applications over the next two weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Care.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Posted 96 days ago