Up to £28 per hour + Holiday Pay & Other Benefits
Want to embark on a new adventure? Do you like to help others and embrace successes? Are you looking for a role flexible around your schedule?
If yes, then this role could be perfect to you....
Randstad Student & Worker Support are currently recruiting for a driven and motivated specialist mentor to provide students with disabilities support at the University of Bedfordshire (Luton campus) to help aid their studies throughout university life.
Our mentors work with a individual learning plan adapted to each of our students individual needs to fully help them achieve their academic potential. You will endeavour to help students become more confident and independent learners and encourage them to use their enhanced skill set not only for university but for life afterwards aswell.
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata
- £28 per hour
- Working for the UKs leading provider
- Interacting directly with students
You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
- Enhancing social skills and confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations:
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- Mental Health & Addictions Nurses (MHAN) Member
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
Interested in this highly rewarding role? Then apply today, we would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions or require additional information, then give us a call on#########
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Posted 25 days ago