- Under the supervision of the Personnel & Training Director, the Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing a generalist human resources service to the Companys management team.
- The Human Resources Officer will ensure compliance with employment law and best practice through the implementation and development of human resources policies, procedures and manuals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that changes in business needs and legislation are regularly reviewed.
- Produce new and update current policies and procedures and accompanying management guidelines in line with relevant changes in business needs, legislation and best practice.
- Submit new or amended policies and procedures to the Personnel & Training Director for approval from the Board.
- Communicate changes in legislation and / or business needs effectively at all levels in a timely manner.
- Interpret legislation in a manner that is understandable to employees at all levels.
- Provide managers with the knowledge and training necessary for them to be able to implement the Companys employment policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control the implementation of Company policies and procedures and provide feedback where appropriate.
- Review and update all Company division Employee Handbooks and ensure these are accessible for employees in all areas of the business.
- Provide support to the management team in developing job adverts, job descriptions and person specifications.
- Facilitate the use of the Company recruitment internal system through which applications for vacancies in all Company divisions can be made.
- Provide training and advice to the management team to ensure their competent and consistent use of the system.
- Support the HR Administration team in advertising all Company vacancies using wording which is legally compliant and descriptive of the vacancy.
- Monitor and develop killer questions where applicable for vacancies with specific and mandatory requirements.
- Monitor the use of the internal system, providing regular management reports for each Company division.
- Provide additional support to the management team where required for recruitment campaigns, assessment days and applicant testing.
- Review and develop competency based interview questions.
- Provide managers with advice and support on any contractual / legal implications throughout the recruitment process ensuring compliance with legislation and Company policy.
- Provide training and guidance on the Equality Act and ensure recruitment is in line with this legislation and the Company Equal Opportunities policy.
- Produce and monitor equality and diversity data and communicate this to the management team for use to consider alternative advertising methods to attract a more diverse workforce.
- Effectively analyse employee details and terms and conditions of employment prior to the TUPE or redundancy situation.
- Effectively manage and drive the employee consultation process, ensuring legal compliance.
- Provide support to the management team when conducting individual consultation meetings.
- Produce written documentation to confirm each stage of the process.
- Provide the management team with an advisory service throughout the TUPE or redundancy process.
- Review and develop template letters and documents which can be used throughout each process.
- Identify training needs in relation to employment policies and procedures in each Company division.
- To attend external training and development opportunities and cascade information throughout the HR and management team.
- Design elearning training modules for managers and employees on employment and legislation topics on the Company computer based learning platform.
- Design and deliver interactive classroom training for the management team to ensure compliance with Company policy, best practice and legislation.
- Working with the team of HR Officers, provide period training in line with the quarterly training plan.
- Continually assess how training can be improved upon based on feedback provided by delegates and personal observations throughout the training event.
- Deliver human resources induction training for the management team.
- Provide coaching and training to employees within the HR department in order to assist with personal and departmental development.
- Assist at Company information and communication forums in the communication of relevant employment information.
- Provide a telephone advisory service to managers in all areas of human resource management, including absence management, data protection, performance and capability, equality and diversity, training, recruitment, Company policies, legislation and employee relations.
- Check all human resources correspondence prior to being sent out to ensure compliance with Company policy and legislation.
- Utilise specialist employment law advice to ensure legal compliance.
- Monitor the HR admin functions and ensure procedures and working practices are in line with department goals, Company policy and legislation.
- Analyse monthly employment statistics and communicate this information in a timely and accurate manner to the appropriate management team.
- Attend managers meetings in order to communicate relevant information and developments.
Applicants Will Need:
- Level 5 CIPD or equivalent qualification (or will consider level 3 or 4, dependent on level of experience)
- Knowledge and experience in a generalist human resources role.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and the ability to interpret this to provide advice to managers.
- Understanding of TUPE and redundancy processes.
- Good IT skills and ability to use a personnel database to extract information and reports.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to design elearning and classroom training and deliver classroom training to managers.
- Driving licence and own vehicle for travel throughout the North of England.
- Flexibility in working hours in order to meet business needs of our internal customers.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Posted 43 days ago