Asbestos Laboratory Analyst Northampton, East Midlands
£18000 - £23000 per annum + + Training + Pension + Benefits
Asbestos Lab Analyst (BOHS P401)
Northampton East Midlands
An award winning UKAS accredited environmental consultancy are looking to expand their team of lab analysts due to an influx of newly awarded contracts, and are seeking laboratory analysts who possess the BOHS P401 (Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples) qualification with previous experience working within a UKAS accredited consultancy.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary package, ongoing training, and development opportunities to progress within the company.
Key duties of an Asbestos Lab Analyst:
- Logging received samples into inhouse data systems and preparing samples of analysis
- Analysing bulk samples for asbestos content
- Ensuring all analysis carried out is in line with the Health and Safety Legislation in relation to Asbestos
- Assist with the production of Asbestos certificates
- Assisting with the calibration of equipment
- Undertake any ad hoc duties to assist the Laboratory supervisor
The successful candidate will:
- Possess the BOHS P401/RSPH3 (Essential)
- Have previous experience of working within a UKAS accredited laboratory
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to concentrate for long periods at a time
- Be proactive and a good team player
- Have a good knowledge of the Asbestos health and safety legislation
If you feel that this position fits your skillset and experience, please dont hesitate to apply! For an informal chat about the role please contact Angelina @ Penguin Recruitment on######### or email; #########
Commutable locations: Milton Keynes, Kettering, Bedford, Rugby, Corby, Daventry, Wellingborough, Newport Pagnell, Towcester, East Midlands.
Posted 7 days ago