Fitter Team Lead
Trafford, greater Manchester
Up to £24710 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Fitter Team Leader
Salary up to £24,710.40 / £11.88 ph
To deliver works 80% and to lead/support front line operatives 20% Managing a small team of fitters to ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels are kept high.
Reports directly to the Production Manager.
* Deliver works for 80% of their time (refer to Modular Cabin Fitter (Operatives) job description).
* Engage with operatives to ensure they understand work requirements involved in completing their tasks and clarify where required. This includes technical, quality, and task duration aspects of the job.
* Monitor operatives performance in terms of speed and quality of works and provide feedback / instruct operatives where required. This includes hourly / shortintervalcontrol checks.
* Lead staff in the quest of achieving operational efficiency targets.
* Inform the Production Manager of any issues surrounding staff performance and materials outage.
* Update performance white boards as required.
* Note: the team leader is not responsible for any documentation / reporting duties that arent already part of an operatives responsibility.
Key factors for success (shortterm, midterm and longterm)
Success in a 6 months will include:
* Aware of all company policies and processes
* Understanding and compliance with Health and Safety rules and guidelines.
* Able to prioritise efficiently to achieve the end result * Ability to remain aware of the cost implications throughout the task
* Ability to train other employees Success in 1 year will include:
* Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to Elliotts requirements.
* To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines. * Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
* Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated. Success in 3 years will include:
* Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
Job experience & skills requirements
* Good attitude towards quality and efficiency of works.
* Clear and effective communicator
* Demonstrable skills in leading and motivating others
* Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment to ensure targets are met
* Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Skilled to create a team working culture
* Welcomes and embraces change
* A passion for operational efficiency and completing tasks in the most efficient manner
* A desire to create the safest, most cost effective work environment coupled with the commitment to exceed customer expectations Work Experience:
* Highly capable / knowledgeable in their trade and delivering works.
* Experienced in leading a team / being accountable for a teams performance.
* Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
* Good mix of general maintenance skills.
* Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
* Certificates in MPBA or ECA
* To have completed IOSH Working Safely and SSSTS training
* To have completed a NVQ L2 (Modular/Portable Building Installation and Dismantling) qualification
Posted 121 days ago