Chester, Cheshire, England
£30k - 45k per year
£25000 to £35000
My client, a specialist finance provider, are looking for a Software Developer to join their existing team. The Software Developer will be reporting to the Development Manager.
The role will involve the Software Developer providing effective support of all the Development Services, Platforms and Projects within my client's business.
The Software Developer will be responsible for participating in the decision-making process with regard to any IT development changes or improvements and make appropriate recommendations as and when necessary to aid with the decision-making process. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Developer with 3 or more years of experience who is looking to forge a long term career and will be brought on and mentored by the Development Manager in all aspects of a Software Development position.
The post is eligible for home working at the discretion of the line manager.
They are looking for strong C skills converting all old PHP to MVC .NET and old C legacy applications moving to API
Responsibility for scoping, coding and implementation of projects relating to software development.
Effectively liaise with 3rd Party suppliers and support in order to deliver IT services to the business.
Provide effective communication to the business with regard to the availability of development related IT services and platforms.
Work with Senior Infrastructure Specialist to Administer and manage on-site and remote (hosted) development related IT services and platforms.
Suggest and implement relevant improvements to the development related services and platforms in use
Complete project work in timely manner as instructed by the Development Manager.
Document relevant work instruction documents to allow the effective administration of development services by other members of the IT team.
- Manage relationships with relevant IT suppliers and 3rd party suppliers as necessary.
Effectively administer and manage all IT development services in use within the business in order to deliver acceptable service availability levels to both internal and external users as dictated by the business.
Timely completion and logging of project, development work and system improvements, to agreed objectives.
Effective Change and Release management.
Continued good relationships with the business.
Regular communication with the IT team, the business and relevant third parties.
- Attendance and time keeping.
Experience/knowledge of IT development, including but not limited to:
- Web API's
- Deliver outputs on time and to a high standard.
- Works intuitively and autonomously where appropriate.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team.
- Provision of advice and knowledge to assist in the correction of issues and problems identified by the business and IT.
- Demonstrate excellent ability to work with others within the IT Department and the business as a whole.
- Effectively report development status as and when required.
- Ensure execution of project deliverables.
- Successful completion of assigned projects to schedule, budget and agreed objectives.
- The post holder may also be expected to undertake out of hours work, where required in support of the business.
- The post holder will also be expected to undertake paid on-call duties on a 1 in 7 week basis or as directed by the Development Manager, which will be paid as overtime.
Posted 19 days ago