City of London, London, UK
This role is designed to provide a high level, proactive and confidential communication service to the Chairman and Managing Director, on a range of communications and project activities. It includes specific responsibilities for developing and implementing Public relations, Public Affairs, policies and service procedures, reports, managing internal and external communications strategies and working with the outsourced organisation on a range of high profile and confidential matters. The role also supports the development and delivery of organisational strategic planning and delivery whilst managing the daily operations of marketing operations and communications.
- Develop a clear communications strategy to include social media and websites. Design supporting suite of policies and processes and facilitate Executive and Board approval.
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including outsourced partners, manage day to day communication activities, maintaining a strategic focus on key priorities, identifying shifting needs, anticipating upcoming issues and resolving these as appropriate. Manage reputational risk.
- Provide a proactive research and advisory service to the Managing Director in the strategic development and in support of the delivery of the Strategic Policy and Medium-Term Financial plan.
- Preparing and wordsmithing Board and ARC reports, minute meetings and follow up action points when appropriate.
- Working in conjunction with the outsourced 'Engagement Team', deliver the internal and external events programme to ensure the brand presence is maximised and strategic objectives are met. This will include drafting briefing papers, presentations and speeches for executive attending such events.
- Act as a key point of contact for all enquiries and communications arising from GLA, ministerial private offices, local authorities, employers, pension fund members, agencies and the investment community through to key stakeholder and outsourced providers providing appropriate responses within agreed timelines
- Build and maintain appropriate contacts with key media, identifying opportunities to deliver key messages whilst being responsive to change, and maintaining a contact database.
Degree level educated and/or post graduated diploma in communications, marketing, business or related degree. Experience of taking complex legal or financial vocabulary and translating it into plain English is essential.
- Previous experience gained within a high-profile business environment at management level and ideally within central or local government sectors and/or financial services.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to build positive and productive relationships, and influence, a variety of Partners including PR agencies, media contacts, Government representatives, public agencies and statutory authorities.
- Demonstrable experience of drafting speeches and presentations at Executive level and preparing board reports, ensuring they are factually correct and appropriately worded.
- Politically astute with an understanding of local and central government and the issues affecting the pensions and financial sectors.
For more information please apply for the position using the link provided or contact Jeremy Doyle at EMR
Posted 16 days ago