Letchworth, Hertfordshire, England
£17k - 18k per year + Benefits
Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to join our client based in Letchworth Garden City on a Permanant basis.
Must have inbound receipt experience using JDE, SAP or Oracle System
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Job Purpose: To be involved in the checking and booking in processing and timely put-away/rotation of daily/weekly shipments
To receive and unload daily/weekly shipments from various supplies within the UK and Europe
To ensure daily/weekly shipments of artic trailers and various Lorries and vans are unloaded in a timely and professional manner with particular attention applied to the size/ priority of delivery.
- To ensure goods arriving are unloaded in a safe and careful manner. Transhipping goods from standard Euro pallets were necessary. Taking care to observe manual handling procedures and using manual handling equipment whenever possible to minimise manual labour . This should be carried out observing heath and safety regulations in the workplace.
To ensure that the booking in of goods is done in conjunction with the demand of the daily goods inwards priority list. To also ensure goods are being booked in correctly by priority, demand and inspection requirements.
To carry out both the checking off and booking in of palletised and loose products onto the JDE computer system. Following this ensure that front sheeted pallets are accurately labelled with the correct details and then either placed and checked into the correct location or located in the GI outbound area awaiting put away into an overflow racking position.
To physically oversee that all products are placed in either overflow or pick locations. Correctly checking both stock and location labels before placing stock into a location. Stock should be placed in location allowing FIFO procedures to be adhered to. Operatives are also expected to ensure where possible both the goods inwards area and racking aisles are kept as clear as possibly.
- To ensure that the housekeeping and upkeep of the goods Inwards department is kept to high standard making sure that heath and safety and manual handling procedures are 8. observed at all times. Regular audits of these functions are part of the function of all GI staff.
Skills / Experience required:
- Warehouse / shipping / logistics experience is essential
- Forklift License - Counterbalance or Reach
- General health and safety knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced role
- High attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
To discuss this role in more detail, please call Sarah or Charlotte - #########
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.
Posted 28 days ago