Senior operations Assistant
We have been engaged by a Glasgow based Investment company who are seeking a Senior Operations Assistant to join their team. The purpose of this role is to perform daily investment operational duties whilst checking and general processing of all transfer functions.
As a talented and hardworking and experienced individual you will have the responsibility of double checking all items processed are correct and in a timely basis. This is a great role If you enjoy working as a team, have strong interpersonal skills and thrive in a service driven environment.
- Ensure all transfers items are processed in a timely manner and escalated when delays appear to be occurring
- Training of operations assistants and providing cover to other areas to ensure BAU and projects are processed in a timely basis
- Ensure that all tasks are completed to a high standard and that any anomalies are reported to your line manager within agreed timescales
- Ensure that personal and team KPIs / KRIs / MIR are me
- Provide technical advice to assist in resolving issues or queries which arise within the team
- Contribute and assist with change initiatives relevant to the team
- Prepare weekly management information statistics relevant to team duties
- Support the change management programme relevant to your area and be actively involved in the development and delivery of changes to operational and systems infrastructure
- Respond to telephone enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute to the review of team tasks, identifying improvements with a view to enhancing client service
- Support and provide cover for other members of the team and wider department
- Assist with training new recruits to the team in BAU activities, acting as a positive role model
- Contribute to documenting team procedures, periodically reviewing and updating them
- Ensure that fair treatment of clients is at the forefront of all activities and that all interactions are conducted in an open and transparent manner
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the firms regulatory framework and how this applies to your role.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks to clients within their operation and how these will be mitigated
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of the Groups Conduct Risk Framework
- Ensure that knowledge and skills are maintained and developed in line with industry, regulatory and internal requirements by undertaking regular and appropriate continuous professional development (CPD)
- Complete and update on the job Training Needs Analysis
- Operate in accordance with divisions policies and procedures manuals
- Ensure comprehensive client records are kept and that these are accurate and up to date at all times
- Delivers excellent service
- Planning & organising
- Following instructions and procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personal leadership, teamwork & supervising
- Integrity & trustworthy
Education and Qualifications:
- Relevant professional qualification(s) desirable e.g. CISI Investment Operations Certificate
Experience and Skills:
- Settlement operations experience gained within a financial institution
- Demonstrable knowledge of investment management, including relevant terminology
- Demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory environment and how it applies to and impacts your role
- Experience of delegating and reviewing work advantageous but not essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Minimum basic level Word and Excel
- Demonstrate ability to understand and summarise complex information in a professional and concise manner
- Strong Interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to communicate well both written and verbally to senior audiences.
Job reference: BH12074
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At CoreAsset, were committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that youre happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job were advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) youre agreeing to be bound by this policy.
CoreAsset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.coreasset.co.uk/aboutcoreasset/privacystatement
CoreAsset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Posted 24 days ago