Teaching Assistant (KS2)
East Riding of Yorkshire - This Area Only
£57 - £70 per day
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a capable and competent teaching assistant?
Are you driven and focused on the learning and development of children?
Are you motivated by knowing the difference you can make to a child's life?
We would love to hear from you.
A School has approached us looking to fill a full time position for a General Teaching Assistant for their KS2 pupils.
The appointee will work across Year 5 and Year 6, assisting with the needs of individual children or with the general classroom as a whole.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to take on extra responsibilities learned through CPD courses, such as cover supervisor roles, covering planned absences and managing other learning or support staff.
Part time applicants may be considered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting children across the curriculum, often focusing on maths, reading and writing
- Maintaining the safe, supportive and secure environment in which the pupils can learn
- Supporting children with special educational needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- Assistance with KS2 SAT's prep, driving students supportively to meet or exceed their expectations
- Helping to develop learning resources and activities and adapting materials to ensure they are relevant and meet each child's needs
- Helping keep the children focused, motivated and learning
- Attending School trips and outings, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of the participants
- Assistance with marking
- Attending meetings, reviews, and training in accordance with the School policy
- Helping with school events, trips and activities
Qualifications and Vetting
The successful candidate will be appointed upon successful completion of a 'Child only' DBS check, and satisfactory references from relevant previous employers (details will be requested post interview). Candidates must demonstrate an appropriate qualification either in the education or childcare sector and will hold experience in a relevant care/support or education background.
Posted 106 days ago