IT Support Apprentice
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
£14k per year + .
Permanent (Full time)
Are you the go-to person for family and friends with technical problems? Do you want to learn and develop as an IT Support Apprentice and earn an attractive weekly wage? If so, apply for this role now!
Barnett Waddingham is a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. They are now looking for an IT Apprentice based in Leeds!
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Firm's IT systems infrastructure as a whole whilst being a member of the IT Support Team! Your daily duties may include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets whilst prioritizing issues
- Provide IT Support to the local office users
- Escalating issues to the relevant teams
- Mobile device management including setup and distribution
- Setup of laptop hardware, peripherals and user troubleshooting
- Document fixes and troubleshooting techniques and distribute this information to the IT support team to improve efficiencies
- Participate in team meetings with all team members to discuss projects, issues and team performance
- Assisting other members of the team with delivering hardware to other offices.
- Management of the hardware inventory system
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and Barnett Waddingham!
Desired qualities, skills & knowledge:
- Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C, or 5 to 9) or equivalent including Maths and English
- A keen understanding of Information Technology
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software would be beneficial but not essential
- Career-focused, self-motivated and is proactive
- Excellent time management skills
- A logical troubleshooting mindset
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Commitment to learning new skills
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £14,000 per annum
- 35.75 hours per week
- 25 days a year holiday plus bank holidays
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
About the employer
Barnett Waddingham is proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. They are a team of over 1,200 people in eight offices, 73 of whom are partners, each delivering on our values and our promise, ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. Their business is about people they are exceptionally proud of their loyal staff who are committed to delivering efficient and effective client service.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below f
Posted 105 days ago